3.03.2006

Rainbow Connection

Does the church have a rainbow connection?

sarah mclachlan does a great cover of this, worth downloading.


Why are there so many
Songs about rainbows
And what's on the other side
Rainbows are visions
They're only illusions
And rainbows have nothing to hide
So we've been told and some chose to
Believe it
But I know they're wrong wait and see

Someday we'll find it
The Rainbow Connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Who said that every wish
Would be heard and answered
When wished on the morning star
Somebody thought of that
And someone believed it
And look what it's done so far
What's so amazing,
That keeps us star gazing
What do we think we might see

Someday we'll find it
That Rainbow Connection
The lovers the dreamers and me

Have you been half asleep
And have you heard voices
I've heard them calling my name
Are these the sweet sounds that called
The young sailors
I think they're one and the same
I've heard it too many times to ignore it
There's something that I'm supposed to be

Someday we'll find it
The Rainbow Connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me
-- Kermit the Frog, Rainbow Connection

posted by Kelly @ 12:03:00 PM 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
My name is Elizabeth and I've been hanging around the fringes here - off and on for a bit. I mentioned this fact in your comments section quite a while ago. Anyway, I've had this religious question for a while now and I was wondering if I could ask you. Quietly. Below is a yahoo email address if you're up to it. I promise I'm not crazy (well, not any more crazy than the next person!)I just wanted to find out something about God and acceptance. It'll be ok if you decide against writing.

gnolastname@yahoo.com

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

I am on a journey, searching for God and what that means in my daily life. It's not about constraints, it's not about limitations, but freedom. I know something exists beyond the visible. I live thinking about possibilities and what could be and the necessary steps to make things happen. I like long talks with a good friend, drinking tea, eating breakfast with my husband, going to a bookstore (they are the new libraries), cool mornings, windy days in the fall, learning about love and life from those who seem to have found their way, teenagers, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, long baths, and connecting with another heart. I am learning how to love, how to live, when to speak and when not to, when it's time to gather the stones, when it's time to let go, surrender, forgiveness, and discipline.

previous posts

archived posts

listening to

coming soon

site-seeing

blogs

reading