3.19.2007

Longevity

This week at church we learned that our impromptu piano player just celebrated her 80th birthday. Before the service, I had a conversation with her where she told me that her father, a Baptist minister, used to advertise on his revival fliers for people to come and hear the 3 year-old girl play piano. She said that she would have to sit on someone's lap to reach the keys, but she played it all by ear.

Today, she is able to pick out any tune, and her hands fly over the keys. I sit in amazement. And to think that she's been doing this for 77 years! Quite a blessing.

Happy Birthday, Miss Sarah!

posted by Kelly @ 4:43:00 PM 

2 Comments:

Blogger so i go said...

longevity..

a fitting word for the duration between this particular post, and the nonexistent one that is supposed to be following it.

2:26 PM  
Blogger BrownEyedGirl said...

I'm in agreement with So I go!
I got excited when bloglines notified me that your blog was updated... (sigh)
Hope all is well with you and yours.:)
Don't forget about your fans in the blogging world!

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

I am on a journey, searching for God and what that means in my daily life. It's not about constraints, it's not about limitations, but freedom. I know something exists beyond the visible. I live thinking about possibilities and what could be and the necessary steps to make things happen. I like long talks with a good friend, drinking tea, eating breakfast with my husband, going to a bookstore (they are the new libraries), cool mornings, windy days in the fall, learning about love and life from those who seem to have found their way, teenagers, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, long baths, and connecting with another heart. I am learning how to love, how to live, when to speak and when not to, when it's time to gather the stones, when it's time to let go, surrender, forgiveness, and discipline.

previous posts

archived posts

listening to

coming soon

site-seeing

blogs

reading